Wednesday, June 25, 2014

WIPs on Wednesday

My niece recently asked me to make her a tote bag to use on her commute to work. I haven’t made a tote in a while so that started things to percolating. I’ve had this cherry blossom fabric for quite a while and I always intended to make a bag with it. So I chose one of my smaller patterns named after my sister’s GD Alana.

            atg

After the cherry blossoms I asked DD what color the next one should be and she said purple. Purple and red are the colors I have the least of in my stash. So I searched and found this plum purple fabric from Connecting Threads.

          atp

And yesterday I thought I’d finally try to work with all of that Oilcloth I recently purchased from Fabric.com. I have to say it wasn’t as difficult as I’d thought it would be.

         atoc

        atoc1

So today I will actually work on the tote for my niece which is much larger than this one. She chose a pink and lavender batik. I hope to have pictures to show on the next post.

Here are a few bags by Quiltsy team members. Go take a look!

Batik Saddle Bag Purse

Kim @ Persimon Dreams

Tote Bag Upcycled Selvage

Sheri @ Bungalowquilts

Pink Tote Bag Pink Blue Paisley

Jennifer @ atthebrightspot

Please link up and share what you’ve been working on.

5 comments:

thebutterflyquilter said...

They all came out wonderful! I love bags but can't make them but would definitely buy one!

Unknown said...

Ditto B'fly! They are beautiful!

Ann Symes said...

Great bags!

Colorado Quilts said...

I love handmade bags. I have made a couple but keep going back to quilts!

Char said...

Thanks Ann. Totes are the first items I sold in my shop.